· The interpreter treats as confidential, within the treating team, all information learned in the performance of their professional duties, while observing relevant requirements regarding disclosure.
· The interpreter strives to render the message accurately, conveying the content and spirit of the original message, taking into consideration its cultural context.
· The interpreter strives to maintain impartiality and refrains from counseling, advising or projecting personal biases or beliefs.
· The interpreter maintains the boundaries of the professional role, refraining from personal involvement.
· The interpreter continuously strives to develop awareness of his/her own and other (including biomedical) cultures encountered in the performance of their professional duties.
· The interpreter treats all parties with respect.
· The interpreter strives to continually further his/her knowledge and skills.
· The interpreter must at all times act in a professional and ethical manner.